- Reviewed signup and basic user flow with Product Team to understand the application and identify areas of concern for them.
- Additional review of certain pages/areas of concern with the Product Team.
- Gathered and audited design patterns, including documentation of all 172 existing colors and the need to consolidate down to align with recently implemented brand guidelines.
- Created a list of immediate actions to take, along with additional recommendations that would have a long-term benefit.
Outcomes and lessons learned
- Created reference-able design patterns for the beginnings of the Design System including:
- A unified and simplified color palette
- Updated typography styles
- Established basic spacing guidelines
- Refined design for notifications and alerts
- Basic inputs (text field, dropdown, radio buttons, and checkboxes)
- Unified button sizes and their states
- Created sample layouts showing all the elements put together
- Executive leadership, the product team, and engineering were very happy with the quick turnaround and focused, actionable recommendations.