👋 I’m Ty Hatch.
“Ty has an incredible talent to cut through the noise and provide a solid design for what is exactly needed for a product. He has a holistic and long-term mindset that informs his day to day decisions. By far one of the best UX partners I’ve worked with.”
"If you want to get things done, you hire Ty. Ty strikes the right balance of design and front-end code. He is a designer who knows his medium very well, giving him the advantage to make sound design and technical decisions."
"Ty ... bridged a lot of gaps with stakeholders and navigated new and evolving process impressively on a large project we worked on. He’s great at providing valuable input and showing ownership for outcomes while still support business decisions."
"I have seen Ty come in and save whole projects because of his ability to translate a business need into a visual solution. His experience with mobile-first design has put him ahead of the curve compared to most other designers that I have worked with."
Extensive experience in B2B, SaaS, and Enterprise user-centered design, UX research, and cross-functional product strategy. Looking to drive business value using strategic, thoughtful, data-informed design practices.
O.C. Tanner, Salt Lake City, UT
Feb 2019 – Feb 2023
Dec 2021 – Feb 2023
- Expanded a UX Design team by 50% to lead and support recognition products.
- Coached team members, leading to 2 promotions and noticeable improvements in design quality.
- Established quarterly OKRs, project requirements, and staffing for 6 product teams by working with department and cross-functional team leaders.
Senior/Principal UX Designer
Feb 2019 – Dec 2021
- Increased revenue by $15M through the design of an email nudge engine, leveraging user research to understand and motivate user behavior.
- Optimized the UX for 2 recognition products by conducting heuristic evaluations, customer and stakeholder interviews, and user flow analysis, resulting in greater recognition given.
- Created third-party integrations for Slack, MS Teams, and Google Workspace for the primary recognition product, realizing a 2% increase in recognition given.
- Improved button placement and styling achieved a 5% increase in recognition.
Software Technology Group, Salt Lake City, UT
Apr 2018 – Feb 2019
Senior Product Designer
- Overhauled the Missionary Portal for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, aligning all content with the design system.
- Revamped the immunization tool, achieving a 50% reduction of effort required to enter immunization data, while elevating data integrity and reestablishing confidence among MTC medical staff across 14 global locations.
- Led a cross-functional effort to create and launch a new admin experience to maintain worldwide immunization requirements encompassing over 400 missions in over 100 countries.
Mavenlink, Salt Lake City, UT
Jul 2017 – Jan 2018
Senior Product Designer
- Led the design system while supporting feature work and ongoing maintenance.
DevPoint Labs, Salt Lake City, UT
Jan 2016 – Oct 2017
- Wrote curriculum and taught a part-time UX course with a placement rate of over 60%.
SwipeClock, South Jordan, UT
Apr 2015 – Jul 2017
Lead UX Designer
- Integrated reseller partners into product discovery, repaired and strengthened relationships, leading to 2x revenue growth.
- Designed a highly successful biometric hardware clock with seamless integration and streamlined UX, driving multi-million dollar sales, and enabling a private equity acquisition.
- Utilized in-depth user and stakeholder interviews, affinity diagrams, journey maps, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes to drive innovation and improvement in the core product adding over 10,000 SMB customers and moving the user base to over 1M users.
- Crafted a design system that empowered simultaneous support for generic and white-label SaaS Workforce Management software.
Experticity, Salt Lake City, UT
Oct 2014 – Mar 2015
Senior UX Designer
- Consolidated 2 separate e-commerce products into a single user experience.
HealthEquity, Draper, UT
Mar 2014 – Oct 2014
Senior UX Designer, Intrapreneur
- Championed UX throughout the company, driving its recognition as a vital function as a contributing member of an active Scrum team.
- Utilized Lean Startup methodologies (business model canvas, empathy maps, user flows, etc.) to test and validate over 12 new product offerings launching 2 new product features.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, UT
May 2008 – Mar 2014
Interaction Designer, Front-End Developer
- Developed the first generation of Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) to assist local leaders worldwide and eliminate reliance on on-premise software.
- Conducted interviews, created personas and journey maps, designed the UI, and oversaw implementation with the engineering team while leading UX for the initial release of multiple Church Educational System (CES) products including:
- Online Seminary Registration (75% of targeted students registered within 6 weeks)
- Scripture Mastery Activities (Higher test scores)
- PADDS (Digitized process for review and assignment of educators and administrators)
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Sep 2006 – Apr 2008
- Provided award-winning creative services, including art direction and design, for both print and interactive projects, serving both internal and external business customers.
Previously: Microsoft, Agency.com, GiftTree, Live Axle Interactive
Pacific Northwest College of Art, Portland, OR
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Graphic Design
- Cross-functional Team Leadership
- Agile and Lean Methodologies
- Product Strategy
- Business Strategy
- Design Thinking
- Systems Thinking
- Design Systems
- Rapid Prototyping
- User Flows
- Journey Maps
- Adobe CC